I’ve always felt the “About Me” section of a blog reads like a resume: 38 years old, lives in Idaho, married, 3 mini-schnauzers, likes to read, surf the web, and read some more.
All of the above is true, by the way. But I don’t know that it really tells much about me. Let’s try this instead:
- I love music. Like – really like it. I am constantly humming, singing in the car, and close friends and family know that I am prone to bursting into song if I hear something that even remotely reminds me of a song.
- I have a twisted sense of humor. I love snark, “that’s what she said” jokes, and just about anything from The Oatmeal. I try to keep it appropriate, but am often a poor judge of what that word really means.
- I am a word nerd. I read a LOT, and there are certain words that are just delicious to say. For example: synchronicity, cogitate, verdant, pontificate, recalcitrant, laconic, and ambidextrous.
- I am generally a happy, positive person. I believe kindness and compassion are seriously lacking in this world. I generally root for the underdog and usually am able to forgive easily if I feel like the apology is sincere.
- I am a small town girl at heart. I’ve lived in the “city” now for much longer than I ever lived in a rural setting, yet I frequently find myself missing the quiet solitude of country life. Where your next door neighbor is at least a quarter mile away and the lack of streetlights reveals an inky sky littered with stars. Also, you can yell/screech out your door at the dogs and nobody gives you the stink eye.
There. That should give you a general introduction to what I’m all about. Although I reserve the right to change my mind on any of these points depending on the situation, weather, and/or mood of the day.